Title: Registered Dental Assistant
Base Salary Range: $48,574 - $56,600 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) will provide basic supportive dental procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist and will assist the dentist. The RDA will prepare materials and equipment for treatment and have the patient ready for the dentist.
- Prepare treatment room for patient
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies, pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays
- Ensure the health history is updated
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; call for repairs, when necessary
- Fabricates temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from a California Board-approved RDA educational program
- Licensure as an RDA to the Dental Board of California or Licensure as CDA
- Current BLS Certification required
- Bilingual Bi-literate English/Spanish preferred