Title: Unlicensed Dental Assistant
Base Salary Range: $37,440 - $41,077 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Unlicensed Dental Assistant is under the supervision of a licensed dentist and is responsible for a wide range of tasks. The Unlicensed Dental Assistant will prepare patients for treatment or checkups. Perform basic supportive dental procedures and set up instruments and equipment needed for procedures and keep records.
- Prepares patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting seating, and draping patient
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; call for repairs, when necessary
- Records treatment information in patient records
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients
- Assists dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs
- Orders and monitors dental supplies and equipment inventory
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a CODA-accredited dental assisting programs in the United States required
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Current BLS Certification required