The Controller is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day financial activities for the ministry accounting for revenues, disbursements, and assets of the organization. This individual ensures efficient and accurate processes along with providing budgeting and financial reporting for the various ministry groups and overall organization. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Provide daily supervision and leadership to the Finance staff in the following areas: General Ledger and Financial Reporting; Cash Disbursements and Cash Receipts
- Monitor, review, and maintain monthly general ledger transactions.
- Perform detailed month-end closing activities ensuring accuracy and timeliness reconciling accounts as defined by month-end closing procedures.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports.
- Discuss and review monthly financial reports with key stakeholders.
- Create specialized reports to meet the needs of department managers.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Perform the lead role in the annual external financial audit.
- Oversee the Form 990 tax return preparation process.
- Train and development a finance team to build depth, reliability in performance, and timeliness.
- Review inventory cycle counting methodologies for accuracy and lead the annual inventory count.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Support the CFO on special projects as needed.
- Lead in the transition of internal financial processes from current systems to new systems.
- Provide payroll and workman’s compensation analysis and support as requested.
- Maintain the Crosswater Canyon bond schedule requirements and data submission.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.