At Hillel Day School, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment. Hillel Day School is a vibrant and joyful, early childhood-through-eighth grade Jewish day school in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to work Monday thru Friday, 7:30-4:00pm.
Maintenance staff provides technical expertise and manual skill in the inspection, servicing, and repair of the buildings, grounds, equipment, and furnishings. We follow all CDC requirements related to COVID-19.
To perform building upkeep and repairs, responsibilities include:
- Maintaining records of any work and inspections done on-premises
- Performing inventory on repair supplies
- Keeping repair tools and supplies clean and organized
- Setting up repair appointments with mechanics or electricians when needed
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Making and installing new furniture or equipment
- Ensuring all safety systems are functioning properly, including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Conducting routine maintenance on equipment and building systems
- Completing safety checks on systems and equipment
- Doing pest control and landscaping
- Performing general maintenance tasks for the building such as window washing, drywall repair, plastering, carpentry, flooring repair, painting
- Detecting, identifying and repairing building issues, like basic problems with the building's electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Responding to and completing faculty, staff and supervisor maintenance requests and work orders
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Direct traffic control for arrival and dismissal
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials and tools of the electrical, carpentry, heating, air conditioning, and/or plumbing trades.
- Skilled with a variety of hand and bench tools.
- Technical knowledge of facilities and custodial equipment. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and maintenance issues.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
-Must complete background check and fingerprinting requirements