SUMMARY OF POSITION: Operates Road Runner Stage Lines vehicles in a safe professional manner to provide dependable, friendly public transportation for residents and guests.
These are the most significant performance factors involved with this position and they will be the principal factors on which the employee will be evaluated:
1. Operate the bus on a fixed route, adhering to published times and in accordance with federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and laws.
2. Duties include willingness to accommodate special needs; be willing to assist special needs customers onto and off of the vehicle.
3. Record mileage, riders, rider characteristics, maintain daily logs as required by DOT
and fuel purchases daily; gather and maintain all information as required by the program.
4. Begins routes on time and follow appropriate schedule; provide reliable, expert service and enforce rules related to safe operation.
5. Inspect vehicle prior to beginning of the route and at end of each route; complete and maintain required information on appropriate inspection forms (pre & post trip) and sign-off.
6. Is subject to federal, state, and SUCAP random drug and alcohol testing policy and procedures.
7. Become knowledgeable of the bus schedule and the route, including activities and events along the route, in order to answer customer inquiries in a courteous and patient manner at all times.
8. Maintain a neat, clean appearance and adhere to dress codes.
9. Be able to deal effectively and courteously with the general public. Maintain friendliness with passengers and be able to increase their knowledge of Road Runner Stage Lines services and changes.
10. Assist all disabled passengers as required by the American’s With Disabilities Act and SUCAP policies.
11. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays depending on the schedule as this is a seven day a week operation.
12. Ability to sit and drive for long periods of time while on duty.
13. Ability to positively promote Road Runner Stage Lines and the communities along the route using diplomacy and tact.
14. Willingly perform other related job duties as assigned by supervisor.