Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Technical Production Support Analyst.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Technical Production Support Analyst works under the direction of the Production Support Manager. This role will act as a subject matter expert in the escalated support of Connect for Health Colorado’s applications. The role will execute root cause analysis on identified and reported issues related to our software and systems and aid in the crafting and/or handling of application monitoring scripts and automated alerts to proactively inform technical teams of problems. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing production data quality solutions that involve databases, SQL queries, reports, and dashboards. This role will also work with other members of the Product Development teams to develop and implement solutions based on the results of root cause analysis. This includes the assisting in the testing and validation of deployed solutions.
This role is very collaborative and will require interaction with cross-functional teams within IT, across the organization, as well as contractors/vendors around activities related to configuration, testing, implementation, and overall stakeholder satisfaction. This role will act as the production support internal quality consultant to advise or influence business/technical decision-making based on results from production data quality measures. Additionally, this role is expected to mentor less experienced team members in their understanding of Connect for Health Colorado’s Technology environment.
• Acts as subject matter expert in supporting and troubleshooting Connect for Health Colorado’s Technology environment
• Identifies, research, diagnoses production problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, integrations, and content
• Performs both back-end system and front-end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
• Ensures adherence to, and maturity of fundamental operations processes such as Incident and Problem Management
• Applies a methodical and thoughtful approach to solving issues by collaborating with departments outside of IT (e.g., operations), IT, and Connect for Health Colorado’s vendors
• Document and deliver technical triage and data quality solutions based on business requirements of the Product Development Department.
• Write and/or modify database queries to perform database validations used to triage production issues and for the submission of data base change requests
• Research and resolve any errors and problems that may occur within the CCR/EDI transactions between Connect for Health Colorado and Health Plan Issuers
• Troubleshoot transaction detail, investigate transactions within logging tools, generate reports, to enhance production support issue resolution with data files and research
• Works closely with Service Center and other support teams to ensure appropriate documentation is available as it relates to new initiatives or enhancement releases of existing technologies
• Monitors, identifies, escalates/recommends configuration changes to improve system stability and performance based on results from production support data quality measures
• Works with all teams within IT and across the organization to provide support, guidance and knowledge where needed.
• Seeks continuous education to understand technologies and troubleshooting approaches
• Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors, and staff.
• Actively and independently acquires and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a directly related field and/or equivalent years of work experience/technical certifications.
• Colorado resident.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
• Advanced experience writing and/or modifying database queries using SQL
• Experience working within ITIL Frameworks in a service management preferred,
• Experience with SDLC Waterfall/Agile development production support and tools (Examples: JIRA, Zephyr, Trello)
• Experience with web analytic services (Google Analytics) preferred.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
• Experience working with log analysis tools (Kibana) preferred
• Experience creating, documenting, and delivering data quality solutions
• Exceptional customer service skills and a passion for helping others
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed team-oriented environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Visio.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Able to work independently without day-to-day direction
• Team oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and project management team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of our system and highly sensitive information
• Knowledge of health insurance industry preferred
• Currently working remotely
• The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The hiring range for this position is $64,600 - $79,800.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.