JOB TITLE: Child Watch Staff
REPORTS TO: Director
FLSA TYPE: Non-Exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
To provide a safe and fun environment for children in the YMCA Child Watch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must stay current in CPRPR/AED/O2 and First Aid, renewed annually.
- Keep accurate attendance and enrollment records.
- Keep child watch area clean and equipment organized.
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Interact individually with children.
- Adhere to and implement YMCA mission and philosophy.
- diaper children as necessary. Maintain supervision of all children at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Develop meaningful and sustainable relationships with members, donors and volunteers.
- Must complete Redwoods Trainings (Bloodborne Pathogens; Sexual Harassment; Child Abuse Prevention; Slips, Trips and Falls; and Safe Lifting) within 30 days of hire and renewed annually
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
I have read and fully understand the above job description assigned to me.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be certified in PR/CPR, AED, O2, and First Aid.
- Must be 16 years old with experience in working with infants and children.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Physical activities include heavy work involving body movement and physical application, reaching/lifting (5-50 pounds), Standing/walking, repetitive motions, physical motion/movement, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling.