Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Base Salary Range: $53,632 - $63,348 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) functions under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director. The LVN provides nursing care to patients of all ages; from pediatric to geriatric, within the LVN scope of practices
- Administers prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients' charts
- Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action
- Answers patients' calls and determine how to assist them
- Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration
- Provides basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations
- Works as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions
- Supervises nurses' aides or assistants
- Evaluates nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary.
- Assembles and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
- Records food and fluid intake and output
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current California LVN license
- BLS Certificate