At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Museum Associate to ensure a positive guest experience for all visitors. It is the role of the Museum Associate to facilitate play based interactions with guests and maintain engaging, clean, and safe exhibit spaces. Employees of the Children’s Museum are ambassadors of the Museum’s mission and brand, and commit to creating experiences for guests that are inspiring, curious, welcoming, playful, inventive, and expert in nature.
· Greet and welcome adults and children, engage in conversations, and facilitate in-exhibit play
· Maintain clean, safe and inviting environments in all Museum spaces
· Actively address guest feedback and work to improve overall guest experience
· Maintain current knowledge of all programming, special events and exhibit schedules
· Support Front Desk and Café operations as necessary
· Operate exhibit spaces for opening, resetting and closing including consumable maintenance.
· Collaborate with team and take initiative to provide assistance to others on a regular basis
· Facilitate programming and engage in playful interactions within the exhibit spaces
· Create invitation and inspiration for visiting children and families through play facilitation\
· Assist in training new employees when assigned
· Coordinate with and support volunteers throughout the Museum
· Other duties as assigned
· Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
· Ability to communicate with guests and co-workers in direct, respectful and confident manner
· Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent guest service
· Clean, neat, and professional appearance
· Ability to maintain a clean work environment
· Interest and enthusiasm for working with children and families
· High energy and interest in engaging with visitors while moving throughout the Museum
· Fluent English proficiency: writing, reading and speaking skills. Bilingual Spanish preferred
· Minimum of 17 years of age
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Must pass criminal background check and Museum screening process
Position Specifications: Part time, 15-23hrs/week, including at least one weekend day with additional hours as needed to meet business needs for occasional weekends, evenings, holidays and events
Rate: $14.77/hour (additional $1/hour for Bilingual proficiency)
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.