Cutting Edge Fabrication seeks a highly motivated individual with complex welding expertise. You will take charge of weldment and fabrication projects assigned to you, meeting production schedules while maintaining quality and profitability. Responsibilities include open table setups, metallurgy knowledge, accurately fitting precut and preformed metal components, problem-solving, producing fabrications to print specification. This fitter welder job is an excellent opportunity for that person possessing an entrepreneurial spirit.
In this job you will be responsible for the following:
• Open table set up
• Precision MIG welding
• Weld to AWS and ASME standards
• Produce fabrications to print specification
• Ensure the highest quality level of product
• Other duties as required
Required skills and experiences include:
• Minimum 3 years complex welding experience
• Experience working with various materials (heavy plate, manganese, stainless, AR, alloy, and aluminum)
• Skilled using hand plasma, torch, squares, grinders, turnbuckles, etc.
• Overhead crane experience
• TIG, arc, and oxy-fuel welding experience is a plus
• Read and understand blueprints
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication
• Good interpersonal skills
The employee must perform the following duties either unaided or with reasonable accommodations - stand up to 10 hours, lift to 30 lbs. repetitively, and lift 50 lbs. occasionally. Also, be able to sit, walk, use foot/feet to operate machinery, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, bend and twist, move from place to place, talk and listen, and frequently use hands to finger, handle, or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Cutting Edge Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Cutting Edge Fabrication
Cutting Edge Fabrication (CEF) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified metal fabrication company specializing in welding medium to large metal structures and components. CEF fabrication services include welding, metal forming, metal bending, state-of-the-art plate cutting, laser cutting, plasma cutting, oxy-fuel cutting, shearing, high-performance production sawing, precision CNC machining, complete assembly, and quality inspection. The company has been conducting business since 1990 in Milwaukee, WI.