EdTech leaders understand and successfully bridge technical knowledge with a solid understanding of the educational environment. Vartek must drive leadership and vision and provide the management of technology and support resources needed to integrate technology across the curriculum to advance student outcomes. EdTech leaders will provide leadership in identifying, assessing, and managing technology needs for the assigned school or district aligned with the vision of school leadership.
This position requires travel among building locations and limited travel to other clients or to the District Resource Center (DRC).
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
Onsite district or school technology team
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Education Technology, Information Technology, or a related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated professional experience in a technology leadership role.
• Demonstrated experience in K-12 preferred.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills.
• Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) certification required or must be attained within 24 months of hire or within 12 months of meeting CETL eligibility requirements.
The following certifications will be required of the EdTech leader:
• Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) – required when eligibility is met
• ITIL Foundation – within first year of employment
• Google Certified Educator – within first 6 months of employment
• Google Certified Trainer – within first 24 months of employment
The following certifications are preferred:
o Google Certified Innovator
o ITIL Managing Professional
o ITIL Strategic Leader