Salary Range: $17.50-22.50 per hour plus benefits
Full/Part-time: Full Time
Purpose of Position:
· Collect and enter claim information.
· Post insurance payments and manage accounts.
· Submit claims and follow up with insurance carriers on unpaid or rejected claims.
· Answer inquires on account status and charges.
· Ensure billing practices are ethical and compliant with government regulations and guidelines
· Review daily member logs, transportation logs, and Center case management sessions data entry is accurate, complete and timely
· Monitors batch claim submission
· Posts insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing software.
· May perform “soft” collections for past due accounts. This may include contacting and notifying health plans via phone or mail.
· For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepares and submits secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer.
· Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
· May periodically create insurance or patient aging reports using the medical practice billing software. These reports are used to identify unpaid insurance claims or patient accounts.
· Understands managed care authorizations and limits to coverage such as the number of visits.
· May have to verify patient benefits eligibility and coverage.
· Ability to look up ICD 10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online service or using traditional coding references.
· Collects and enters claim information
· Submit claims and following up with insurance carriers on unpaid or rejected claims.
· Other duties as assigned
GED or High School Diploma
1+ yr billing experience
1 + yr experience Commercial Electronic Healthcare Records (EHR) software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable on insurance and reimbursement process.
- Good math and data entry (typing) skills.
- Exercises good judgement and discretion.
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements for patient information. Maintains and protects confidential information.
- Proficient in use of computers and common office equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of medical ICD 9-10 codes and CPT medical billing codes.
- Good telephone and patient relation skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work.
- Work with minimal direction and oversight.
- At least 21 years of age
- Criminal Background Verification
- Pre-Hire and Random Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Covid-19 vaccination/Booster