SmartRent is an enterprise home automation and smart building technology platform purpose built for the multifamily housing industry. Our extensive product line consists of web and mobile software for property owners and managers, residents and system installers as well as connected hardware that remotely monitors and controls smart locks, readers, gates, lights, thermostats, outlets, cameras and sensors. SmartRent streamlines operations for community staff, enhances the resident experience and provides property owners with a digital layer of asset protection.
SmartRent offers excellent benefits and a fun, inclusive and convivial work environment (see https://smartrent.com/careers/)
Join the SmartRent Firmware Team!
- We are a small group of Elixir developers who use Nerves to create firmware for SmartRent devices such as Z-Wave central controllers (hubs) and access control systems.
- In short, we bridge the gap between hardware and software to facilitate communication between smart devices and Smartrent Web services.
- Don't let the "embedded" in Embedded Software Engineer scare you. Thanks to Nerves, we are first and foremost Elixir developers!
- We work remotely and we play well together. We devote a portion of our efforts to growing open source projects. We take pride in our work and have many contributions for the open source community (see our Github organization for some of projects)
- Participate in firmware development
- Write API documentation and tests
- Test the integration of Smartrent hardware with various access control systems
- Implement new features and driver support for 3rd party access control systems
- Continually collaborate with your fellow team members
- Get involved in sponsored OSS support