Mission Statement: It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Provide high quality direct patient care with a wide range of healthcare services that revolve around the family unit; from health promotion and disease prevention to direct care and counseling across the lifespan.
· Sees clinical patients in the health services office for selected laboratory testing, examination, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries and refers to physician as needed
· Writes and dispenses prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
· Schedules follow-up visits in clinic as needed
· Performs primary care and physical examinations (Pap tests, etc.)
· Counsels patients and helps them understand their limitations and abilities
· Conducts support groups in subjects related to physical and emotional health (i.e., challenge of change, dealing with losses, dealing with chronic illness as caregiver, etc.)
· Coordinates health promotional activities (providing printed information, routine testing, flu shots, mammograms, etc.).
· Performs staff employment physicals, TB testing, etc.
· Acts as a resource person for decisions, planning, and policies affecting the health of residents and staff
· Collaborates with staff to identify patients’ needs and help develop plan to meet these needs
· Meets with new staff in department to orient regarding services, identify needs, suggest local physicians and services, etc.
· Conducts laboratory test
· Provide follow up for patients as appropriate
· Attendance and punctuality is essential in order to provide quality of care to patients, face-to-face interaction with patients, and to work with provided healthcare equipment collected at clinics
Education and Knowledge
· Master’s degree in a related field preferred
· Knowledge of and adherence to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses
· Knowledge of quality assurance standards preferred
· Demonstrate knowledge of safety, infection control & emergency policies and procedures
· Must have minimum of six years of RN experience related to the specified responsibilities
· Recent experience in the use of Electronic Medical Record documentation
Licensure and Certifications:
· Valid California Registered Nursing License
· Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of California.
· Current DEA
· Current BLS