The Investment Services Representative is responsible for the marketing and sales of non-deposit investment products by meeting with customers or by referring customers to the VP, Investment Services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops short-term and long term strategies with customers to meet their needs that will promote non-deposit investment products and services
· Proactively develop marketing strategies designed to grow new business
· Expertise in investment products and services
· Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively convey goals and initiatives to staff and management
· Outstanding analytical skills to determine areas of need of improvement and the ability to find innovative solutions
· Requires the highest level of knowledge and expertise for all products and services along with the ability to integrate these products and services to maximize customer relationships
· Maintains professional contacts and knowledge base of investment skills within and outside of the financial institution; keeps up with issues, trends and developments of the financial industry
· Maintains literature, brochures and other marketing materials that list current non-deposit investment options for customers
· Represents the financial institution in community affairs and at civic organizations
· Performs related duties as assigned by management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or sit. The employee must be able to utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to PCs, telephone, fax machine, scanner, copier, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A pre-hire authorization to obtain and review FINRA records associated with you and previous employment information is necessary to determine securities employment eligibility. This is required in addition to the standard background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· All required investment and insurance licenses required by state and federal regulation. Series 6, 63 & Life Insurance certification, Series 7 is desired.
· Excellent interpersonal, sales, and communication skills along and the ability to build successful relationships.
· Must demonstrate and possess strong decision making, team building, leadership, and collaboration coupled with excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills.