Under direction from Lead/Manager/Supervisor; Maintains and improves the condition and functionality of the building and grounds. Performs maintenance and repairs to the building, equipment and grounds including plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems. The goal is to improve and maintain the aesthetics of the buildings and common areas to the best possible condition.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Performs trades work, such as carpentry or painting, minor electrical and plumbing, landscaping and irrigation repairs and the building, removal, or modification of office fixtures. Complies with all codes, requirements and safety practices established by state and local government.
- Maintains and improves aesthetics and integrity of the grounds, operating systems and physical structures. Makes periodic inspections of the property to determine repair work necessary.
- Reports and actively assists in the resolution of any observed safety or security violations or deficiencies. Coordinates with outside service contractors when required and escorts around property as needed. Works with animals and livestock. Set up and clean-up of events.
- Performs and or coordinates routine maintenance on all company owned/leased equipment and vehicles.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends. Available to be on call as needed. Snow removal as needed.
- Security- Issues keys, alarm and access codes as directed and notifies correct service providers of any changes, suspicious persons on property, escort of company personnel when required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in the maintenance trades and operating light equipment is not required but would be a plus. On the job training is available.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and 100lbs with assistance.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Physical ability to work in a variety of environmental and physical conditions inside and outside including inclement weather. Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl, if necessary. Comfortable working on ladders, roofs, other heights, tight spaces and around machinery.
$13-17 an hour. Plus Benefits
Expected Hours of Work:
- Monday through Friday, negotiable/flexible 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. with some weekends and early morning starts due to weather.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.