Universal Banker (full-time)
Responsible for conducting teller transactions and cash transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Performs customer services such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning bank services. Answers questions on all services the bank provides and recognizes selling and referral opportunities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides a complete range of customer services at the bank, including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Receives checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Prepares change orders for commercial customers.
- Performs a variety of customer service transactions, including holds, stop payment orders, cash advances, savings bond redemption and address changes.
- Balances cash drawer at end of the shift. Reports any discrepancies to manager as necessary.
- Completes Currency Transaction Reports, Monetary Instrument logs as required by the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Issues cashier’s checks, gift cards, and reloadable cards.
- Establishes retirement accounts and assists customers with arrangements for direct deposits.
- Assists as needed with debit card ordering, issuing, and pin activation.
- Rents safe deposit boxes and assists customers with access to those boxes. Process rental payments.
- Handle customer inquiries, whether by phone or in person, involving CD rates, account balances, and funds transfers.
- Electronically order checks and ATM cards.
- Completes arrangements and documents for special services, such as online banking, online bill pay, merchant services, etc.
- Proactively prospects for new business.
- Actively refers loan services to appropriate bank departments.
- Assists supervisor in establishing objectives and plans.
- Participates in sales, service and product training meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures related to the position.
- Represents the bank in community affairs and civic organizations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program.
- Six months’ experience in the teller function, as well as sales experience, particularly in
- cross-marketing products and services, preferred.
- Excellent sales, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Good understanding of bank and services.
- Above average computer and keyboard skills.
- Good organizational skills.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and comply with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to stand, sit, talk, hear and lift up to 25 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.