Sign on Bonus $1,500
Housing resources can be shared
ASL proficiency required
The school librarian/library media specialist works with both students and teachers to facilitate access to information by the acquisition, organization, and dissemination of resources appropriate to the learning needs of the full age and ability range within the school community.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the implementation of planned learning experiences for all ages and abilities of students by providing group instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers and others to plan and implement meaningful experiences that promote a love of reading and lifelong learning.
- Collaborates to design, teach, and assess learning experiences that incorporate inquiry learning, information literacies in their formats, critical thinking and self-assessment.
- Teaches students to build on prior knowledge to construct new knowledge.
- Participates in the curriculum development process to ensure that the curricula include the full range of literacy skills (information, media, visual, digital and technological literacy) necessary to meet content standards.
- Develops and maintains a collection of resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the school community that support the racial equity and inclusion.
- Model effective strategies for developing multiple literacies.
- Use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, communicate with students, teachers and families, and provide access to library services.
- Responsible for all aspects of collection development including the acquisition, organization, processing, circulation, storage and documentation of materials.
- Assist students and staff in locating and obtaining materials.
- Responsible for managing and customizing the library software.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility design and usage.
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**TLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, and any other legally protected characteristic.
**TLC embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible.