Position Summary: As an employee of the Children’s Museum, the Grounds Specialist/Maintenance Technician will play a key role in making an excellent first impression among our members and guests by providing and maintaining a welcoming, clean, safe and secure environment on our entire campus.
The Museum’s 8+ acre campus includes our 3 acre outdoor expedience “Joy Park”, with water features, a small apple orchard, sand dunes, zip lines, native grasslands and other thoughtfully designed landscaping throughout. The Grounds Technician is responsible for maintaining high quality presentation and safety standards for the Museum’s 8 acre campus. Effective development and execution of short and long term Landscape design and maintenance strategies is essential.
About Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus: The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood
Hours: Part Time: 24 hours
Schedule: 3 Days, Friday-Sunday Additional Hours may be available for special events
Rate: $15.50 per hour
Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum gift shop and café.
Grounds Keeping & Landscape Maintenance
· Operate and maintain irrigation system
· Tree and Plant care/maintenance (watering, pruning etc.)
· Snow Removal
· Hardscape installation/ maintenance (flagstone walkways etc.)
· Weed pulling and spraying
· Landscape material maintenance and replacement
· Lawn mowing, trimming and edging
· Support general cleaning of property on daily basis
Assist Maintenance Technicians as necessary with:
· Support routine light and filter changes
· Special projects as needed to include general repairs and daily maintenance needs throughout the Museum
· Shipping & Receiving oversight and coordination
· General painting and touch ups
· General daily operations responsibilities
· Minimum 1 year landscape maintenance experience required
· Experience and familiarity with small machines, i.e. mowers, blowers, chainsaw, string trimmer etc
· Understanding of landscaping and irrigation systems
· Confident and motivated self-starter with an eye for quality and detail
· Ability to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers and guests in a direct and respectful manner
· Spanish speaker is a plus
· All candidates must pass a background check
• Team-oriented and able to successfully work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Able to follow standard operating procedures and checklists with high accuracy.
· Adhere to the Museum's safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do the same.
· Participate in building a culture of accountability, performance and trust.