The Mortgage Loan Assistant (MLA) is responsible for supporting one or more Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO) by ensuring loan files are complete and loans close as scheduled. The MLA supports the marketing activities of assigned MLO(s) and provides administrative support. This position must build effective relationships, both internally with MLOs and production staff, as well as externally with borrowers and Centers of Influence (COIs).
- Assists MLO by reviewing residential loan application files for completeness and compliance with company and/or investor programs and Mortgage Insurance requirements as appropriate, ensures that initial application package contains appropriate documentation to submit for processing.
- Responsible for accurate entry of data from loan application files into the Bank’s Loan Origination System (LOS) and attaching supporting documentation to borrower’s digital application within the LOS.
- Works with processors, underwriters, and borrowers to complete loan applications and collect other documentation as needed from initial application through closing.
- Act as primary liaison between the MLO, borrowers and COIs, schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items.
- Assist MLO with the accurate preparation and timely delivery of required initial regulatory disclosures within prescribed timelines.
- Provides regular loan progress updates to borrowers and COIs, works with Loan Closing Coordinator to ensure scheduled loan closings occur timely.
- Maintains MLO’s database of customer information, ensures Bank’s relative CRM software remains current regarding MLO’s marketing and business development activities.
- Assists with MLO marketing campaigns utilizing all available media channels.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank operating policies and procedures.
- Represents the Bank with borrowers and COIs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform additional duties and administrative tasks as requested.
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; Maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in mortgage and/or secondary market underwriting, processing and/or closing loans
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various industry software programs (ICE Encompass a plus)
- Requires a high degree of self-discipline, attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- NMLS or willingness to obtain NMLS required
First Seacoast Bank is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with our employees and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call us locally at 603-742-4680 or toll-free at 1-800-462-2265. This email and phone number will assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.