Municipal Pipe Tool Co., LLC is a sewer maintenance and rehabilitation contractor. We have been protecting the environment for more than 50 years. We work with cities and industries across the Midwest to maintain and increase the efficiency and integrity of their sewer pipes. We also make a difference by helping reduce I/I (Inflows / Infiltration) and SSOs (Sanitary Sewer Overflows), further reducing the chance of groundwater infiltration and sewer pipe leakage.
We perform Cured In Place Pipelining (CIPP) on main line sewers. The CIPP method is cost effective and trenchless with no excavation required. We are based in Hudson, Iowa and we are looking to improve aging infrastructure for an environmentally sound future. We invest in the development and promotion of individuals who are team oriented to maintain and improve existing municipal sewer infrastructures. Ideal candidates must be able to travel throughout the work week and be able to work overtime. CDL Class A/B required, we are willing to train with a CDL permit.
Operate and maintain CUES cameras and tractors to execute cleaning and TV work required for projects. This could include working on a maintenance crew, CIPP prep crew or a CIPP lining crew.
• Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy construction projects.
• Conduct center to center manhole identifications using robotic TV equipment per NASSCO standards.
• Identify defects and service locations
• Accurately fill out reports and turn in daily logs.
• Ensure deliverables and associated reports are turned in daily.
• Execute cleaning and TV work required for project
• Pass out notices to residents and businesses as instructed
• Adheres to all customer site specific safety requirements
• Service, clean, maintain camera equipment as well as assigned vehicles
• Communicates with the jet operator and TV labor in coordinating workflow.
• Water meter installations
• Assemble and disassemble housings and couplings
• Utilize all safety equipment, and follow standard operating procedures. Bring problems to the attention of the Superintendent or Safety Director.
• Any other task as directed
• Experienced in sewer related industry
• Experience operating and maintaining CCTV equipment for sewers
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
• Must be able to enter confined spaces – examples include but are not limited to Manholes.
• Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in heavy construction work.
• Knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
• Knowledge of CUES cameras and tractors.
• Knowledge of computers.
• Knowledge of IT Pipes
• PACP trained
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
• Knowledge of jet truck operation & understanding of nozzle functions to effectively communicate with jet operator.
• New Wage Scale
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Life & Disability Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Flex Plans
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid Time Off & Holidays
• Year round employment.