Position Title: Program Coordinator: Human Rights Office
Assist the development, implementation and maintenance of diocesan programs related to Church teaching on contemporary social issues. Represent the Church in local pastoral, liturgical, educational, and public policy activities. Serve as the primary point of contact for questions and requests for assistance and resources from the members of our diocese. This is a part-time, non-exempt position based upon a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and events specific to the diocesan Prison & Jail Ministry.
- Manage administrative activities and tasks for the Human Rights Office.
- Serve as a resource for parish-based ministries and provide support for parishes, schools, and pastoral leadership activities.
- Work with community partner organizations and provide referrals to local service organizations.
- Three years of experience in pastoral care ministry as a volunteer or employee
- Understanding of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
- Proven office administrative experience, including communication, planning, and budgeting tasks.
- Experience with on-line email marketing and event planning software (e.g., Constant Contact, iContact, etc.) and with website maintenance.
Note: All Diocesan employees are required to consent to a background check, and sign and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry Code of Conduct prior to hire. Completion of Protecting God’s Children training is required within 30 days of hire.