Tasting Room Business Management
· Collaborate with the VP of Consumer Experience, Retail Sales Manager to determine yearly sales goals and operating budgets.
· Responsible for closely managing departmental operating budget and all wine and merchandise inventory.
· Collaborate with VP of Consumer Experience, Retail Sales Manager to develop and execute wine education programs that best reflect Silver Oak and Twomey brands and support meeting sales goals.
· Continue to lead Silver Oak and Twomey in Wine Education Programs, by assessing educational needs and leading competitive tastings.
· Continue to provide support for Wholesale in off-site pouring events and assisting in creating educational itinerary for trade accounts as needed.
· Manage departmental policies and procedures and partnering with other departments to develop and promote Silver Oak and Twomey brands.
· Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager to develop training manuals, service standards and inventory management.
· Collaborate with Visual Merchandise Coordinator to ensure that tasting room is stocked and tidy at all times.
· Responsible for assisting in all other tasting room/retail functions as needed. This may include hosting groups and the role of concierge as guests arrive.
· Responsible for providing support to events team and marketing/PR team as needed.
· Provide monthly reports providing information to Retail Sales Manager on performance, challenges, and victories.
· Responsible for networking with the surrounding businesses and community to build relationships and drive traffic to Silver Oak and Twomey tasting rooms.
· Work collaboratively with other tasting room managers to share best practices of tasting room operations.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
· Responsible for providing leadership and direction to all tasting room staff by communicating brand story.
· Builds a high performing team that is motivated, engaged, goal oriented, and provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
· Defines clear expectations and levels of accountability for the team. Assigns responsibilities, empowers others, delegates, removes obstacles, allows for and contributes needed resources and monitors progress.
· Responsible for hiring, training and managing performance of Manager on Duty and Tasting Room Sales Associates.
· Responsible for monthly scheduling of Manager on Duty and all tasting room staff to assure proper levels of staffing and managerial coverage exists at all times.
· Manages the team’s performance on an on-going basis, providing feedback and coaching in a timely manner. Provides opportunities for growth and development. Documents performance via company’s performance management program.
· Demonstrates leadership through sound business decisions, high ethical standards, accountability, values, and behavior. Builds trust within their teams and other departments.
Additional Existing Facility Responsibilities
· Maximize staffing and table availability in order to supply the demand for appointments through thorough planning in Tock and staff scheduling.
· Work with other Tasting Room Managers in order to shift staffing as needed in order to minimize unproductive/down time by associates.
· Provide a detailed list of all projects by importance for staff to work on when not hosting guests.
· Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager and Events Manager to develop visitor programs to support brand objectives and integrating tasting formats.
· Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager to establish sales goals, and capital and operating budgets.
· Creating and nurturing possible new relationships with neighbor wineries and businesses.
Busy and distracting open work atmosphere.