Receives direction from the Facilities Maintenance Manager for day-to-day electrical needs and other maintenance/facility activities. The Electrician maintains a vast degree of knowledge and expertise to effectively maintain a myriad of Electrical Systems and perform preventative maintenance actions to keep systems in peak operating condition. The Electrician keeps current on Continuing Education courses to ensure applicable Electrical license(s) are up-to-date. The Electrician will accomplish all tasks related to ongoing operations, predicable upkeep/preventative maintenance programs for all museum facilities and other AiG properties. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards
- Uphold and create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Performs all projects and duties as assigned.
- Electrician is responsible for all electrical systems related to the entire Ark Encounter and associated properties. He is to assist to maintain and repair HVAC systems, lighting systems, electrical systems, emergency generators and related systems, material handling/dock equipment, back-up systems and batteries related to back up systems.
- Assist with daily maintenance of equipment, troubleshoot and provide preventative maintenance, and maintain efficiency and safety of all equipment.
- Accomplish tasks relating to the ongoing operations and preventative maintenance schedule for the Ark Encounter and associated facilities, including Emergency Back-Up generators and UPS Battery Back-up Systems. Ensures Electrical Switch Gear and associated components are inspected and exercised on a scheduled basis.
- Perform repairs, replacements, preventative, and corrective maintenance on equipment and facility assets.
- Identify and assess key areas for possible improvement, involving the facility, looking for opportunities to improve economy, reliability and performance of all systems here at the Ark Encounter.
- Routinely inspects and maintains the building and grounds electrical systems.
- Participates in all relevant training and staff meetings.
- Assist in housekeeping efforts as needed.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned including need projects and fabrication needs for ongoing expansion and improvement.
- Applies for Electrical Permits and schedules inspections as required by law.
- Attains and keeps up-to-date Electrical Contractor’s Permit for AiG
- Other duties as assigned by manager