The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for the awarding and processing of all student federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs, all outside scholarships, and any other student financial aid benefit.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Process federal/state aid including, importing/exporting files using the required software from the Dept. of Education, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education and Campus Nexus.
- Assist in the processing and compliance of financial aid for all SMWC programs. Including knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies, rules and regulations for all functions of the financial aid process.
- Counsel students and families regarding the financial aid process and the funds awarded.
- Maintenance of all financial aid student records.
- Knowledge and assisting the processing of veteran’s benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation, outside agency payments and study abroad.
- Knowledge of job functions performed by other staff members in their absence. Work collaboratively with all campus offices to ensure compliance and support annual recruitment/retention goals.
- Attend and perform presentations at events and community outreach.
- Manage department’s general email and phone.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties/Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Outlook and experience using Campus Management products are a plus.
- Strong ethical and moral character.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a multi-tasked, goal oriented and deadline driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated able to work independently and as a member of an integrated team.
Will supervise student workers.