The construction laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at excavation and heavy construction projects. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other craft workers.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment, Travel Per Diem
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in excavation construction projects; performs manual work in preparing surfaces.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
- Assist with preparing job site for excavation; dig holes and trenches.
- Operate jackhammers, brush clippers, mowers, and other small equipment and tools to maintain job site.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks and hauls and hoists materials.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to foreman; cleans equipment.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain required certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Required Education and Experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
AAP/EEO Statement – Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
Boomerang Corp. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.