The semi-truck driver position performs a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans in support of the Company objectives. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers on and between job sites and maintenance facilities. On occasion, the deliveries will be required throughout the region.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate company-owned and leased trucks over 4 tons to facilitate project operations.
- Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
- Perform a variety of duties in the operation of the transportation function, such as hauling and dumping.
- Must plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Assist in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Control traffic at work sites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Order and obtain necessary permits.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or repairs should reported to shop foreman; clean equipment.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Valid CDL Class A License and medical card.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of the construction industry
AAP/EEO Statement – Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Boomerang Corp. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.