Are you an IT professional with impeccable integrity? Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you constantly strive for excellence? Are you a strong team player? Are you dedicated to learning, growing and improving your technical and professional skills? Are you humbly confident in your abilities?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you’ve found the right place to call home!
Who is Texas Systems Group?
Texas Systems Group (TXSG), founded in 2002 and based in Austin, TX, provides Managed Services, Private Cloud Data Center Hosting Services and IT Infrastructure Solutions to clients all over Texas and across the Nation.
Our reputation of providing Texas-friendly, honest & caring IT Services is only possible by hiring professionals who not only have impressive skills and qualifications, but also the ability to create trusted relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors.
Find a Passion, Not a Job
TXSG is looking for an IT Administrator in the Austin area who will work on our Service Desk team to provide out-of-the-box, comprehensive phone, remote, and onsite support for a wide range of first and second-level requests from our clients.
This position requires foundational technical skills beyond a traditional Help Desk position. In other words, you won’t just be helping people with their desktop or user account issues – you will work with the entire IT infrastructure, workstations, servers, networks, storage, and security systems to resolve issues. You will have access to powerful support tools to remotely manage our clients’ IT infrastructure. You will also travel to our Austin-area clients as needed to perform onsite work and be the “hands-on” for our systems and network engineers.
Our ideal candidate not only has a good understanding of Desktop/Workstation support, but experience in Network, Server and Virtualization Support.
- Provide front-line phone support in a Service Desk Call Queue environment.
- Provide onsite and remote support including troubleshooting complex technical issues in production environments of all sizes and complexity.
- Coordinate schedule with the Service Coordinator to take ownership of escalated service requests and provide timely response to client outages and onsite requests.
- Troubleshoot hardware such as servers, desktops, laptops, printers, telephones, and smartphones.
- Troubleshoot Windows Server, Windows 10, Active Directory, Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive), Google Workspace, Mac, Client VPN, and various applications.
- Provide basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Keep clients informed of incident progress and notify them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, IT Staff, and vendors.
- Provide detailed system documentation, maintenance, and review via service tickets, daily time-tracking, etc. in ConnectWise Manage and OneNote.
- Document all work details and time allocated on service tickets into ConnectWise.
- Ensure that service requests requiring additional support are escalated in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of supporting clients in a Windows-based Active Directory Infrastructure.
- 3+ years supporting network infrastructure with basic to intermediate knowledge of WAN and LAN connectivity.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Windows Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Windows 10 & Mac OSX, and hardware such as workstations, laptops, printers, scanners, and VOIP phones.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in network technologies, ability to triage more complex network issues for escalation.
- Solid understanding of Group Policies, Shared Resources, & Windows Networking concepts.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, planning, time management, and execution skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and achieve individual and team goals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- **All candidates must have reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
Preferred Qualifications (Additional skills that would make you stand out in this role)
- Experience in the healthcare industry (HIPAA Compliance, EMR, PACS, Radiology)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (VMs, AD, Intune, and Security).
- Experience with Apple hardware and Mac OSX support.
- Industry recognized certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, etc.).
- Strong grasp of basic network technologies and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Familiarity with telephony technologies and concepts.
- Monday-Friday 8-5pm with an hour-long lunch break
- You may be required to participate in an On-Call rotation or assist on after-hours calls
- You may occasionally need to work after business hours to cover holidays, nights, and weekends
- This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K Match
- Training allocation
- Internet, cell phone and gym reimbursements
- 10 days PTO per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 sick days per year
Physical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 35-40 pounds occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment. Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, and squatting to perform the essential functions. Subject to exposure to variations in extreme heat and cold.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Texas Systems Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.