A Safety Advisor puts safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client needs a priority, works well in a team setting, and is disciplined and flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will play an active part in developing client relationships and supporting new and existing clients. In addition, this role will require creativity and motivation to assist in our growth and operations in this region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in worksite safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect any existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates to prepare material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation programs, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
Routine / Client-Specific Duties:
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly safety observations on various client sites to identify both industry best practices and opportunities for improvement to develop mitigation techniques
- Develop, present, and maintain training on various HSE topics to clients and internal associates as requested – maintain training content database with current revisions
- Lead meetings and conference calls with clients to effectively communicate all HSE topics
- Provide safety data support and administrator functions for leading indicator software systems
- Client file management – ensures client-related files are backed up and stored in designated web-based systems
Non-routine Duties Upon Request:
- Assists with onboarding and training of new hires
- Develops draft documents and resources such as safety bulletins, alerts, or promotional information
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (HSE or IH)
- 3+ years of experience with HSE programs, primarily in construction settings
- In lieu of a degree, 7+ years of relevant experience
- GSP, ASP, or CHST required or willing to obtain within the first 90 days of employment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of both construction and general industry federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to apply industry Best Practices
- Possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as other key software
- Ability/desire to obtain other industry-leading certifications and achievements
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.