Job Title: Regional Manager
Organization: Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC)
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: $65,000, cell phone stipend, world class health benefits, 10% employer 401K Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, professional development and career coaching support.
Travel Required: This position requires 20-30% travel throughout parts of WA State, although rarely overnight. The individual in this position will work remote during COVID and then be located within assigned region or at AJAC’s main office (located in Kent) at least part time. Details of this working arrangement will be discussed at time of hire.
Who We Are: The Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) is a statewide non-profit organization with offices in south Seattle, Kent, Yakima, and Spokane. We are an industry-driven apprenticeship organization, founded on the belief that mastery occurs on the job. Through pre-apprenticeship, youth apprenticeship and adult apprenticeship, all people have the opportunity to earn competitive wages, find meaningful and fulfilling work, and pursue lifelong learning. The organization annually serves 280+ manufacturing employers, 400+ apprentices (including 100 high school juniors and seniors), and nearly 270 pre-apprentices. We have a small staff of entrepreneurial, smart and motivated team members – this work is fast and dynamic but also rewarding and highly collaborative.
Important to know about this job: We are seeking an innovative and experienced Regional Manager to develop, support, and assist employers, apprentices, pre-apprentices, and our youth programs. The culture of the team is the willingness to be flexible, as AJAC changes you change with us. At all times, we are customer service focused both internally and externally. Motivated to build relationships with business, students, and community partners. Be an innovative problem solver that is solution driven and process improvement oriented. Values community connections and partnerships and is driven by outcomes.
This position is responsible for regional management of a multi county location, ensuring relationships and programs are maintained and delivered in accordance to AJAC standards, policies and procedures, contracted obligations and within funding budgets.
Business Development Responsibilities – 50%
- Develop business contacts and build relationships with employers to understand workforce needs and industry skill gaps, training needs.
- Expand AJAC’s regional footprint through increasing stakeholder and employer engagement in AJAC programming and improving processes.
- Innovate and collaborate with other external and internal AJAC stakeholders to continuously improve our employer, student, apprentice, and program experiences.
- Be responsible for the community engagement at all levels of your business region as well as acquiring new partnerships.
- Build strong relationships with AJAC partners through clear articulation of the business value proposition, looking for opportunities to surprise and delight our clients and end customer.
- Envisioning new industry scenarios and business models to help take AJAC programming to the next level.
- Internal & external customer service focused at all times, with a passion to solve problems and find process improvements at all levels.
- Utilize Salesforce to generate leads, manage employer contacts, for tracking and reporting outcomes.
- Collect and review pre-apprenticeship resumes for dissemination to prospective employers, help schedule tours and class speakers from the manufacturing community.
Regional Management Responsibilities 40% :
- Onboard new apprentices, pre-apprentices, and youth apprentices into AJAC programs.
- Support the apprenticeship team, by advising employers and students (and families of students) by email, phone, and video chat, setting clear expectations regarding the upcoming program experience and the students’ accountabilities during programming.
- Assist the Financial Services team on directing new students to financial aid options and scholarship opportunities.
- Collect, review, and manage apprenticeship documents, such as enrollment paperwork, grant questionnaires, registration forms, to aid in the compliance process.
- Schedule and conduct continuous and re-occurring program recruitment activities and events.
- Travel to local high schools, technical colleges, community organizations, public agencies, and other regional locations to recruit prospective students and engage local employers
- Prepare clear, comprehensive, effective, and persuasive written and oral presentations to assist in program outreach
Support Services & Special Programming 10%:
- Support program management staff in final planning and communication of custom programs in accordance with the executed program agreements
- Support program management staff in final planning and communication of custom programs in accordance with the executed program agreements.
- Assist in the assessment of regional program success through reporting and participant evaluations.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional working groups with the goal of evaluating and refining custom program offerings, services, resources, and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvements leading to increased quality and efficiency.
- Assist in the creation of training materials and presentations to inform internal and external stakeholders of custom programs.
- Assist the Director in monitoring apprenticeship and special program enrollment, and in creating monthly, quarterly, or annual reports as needed.
- Work with the apprenticeship services team to ensure a smooth start to class quarters, by checking in with apprentices and employers. To include functions such as, delivering/ordering textbooks, ensuring accurate student rostering, and assisting in the local college enrollment process.
- Four years in a related field or commensurate experience
- Motivated self-starter, able to meet goals without direct supervision
- Able to anticipate and prioritize project deliverables and reliably meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in recruitment, employer engagement, and working with local colleges, workforce development councils, community service organizations and school districts
- Strong written, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop business contacts and build relationships with employers to understand workforce needs
- Proactive, collaborative, customer service focused and flexible
- Ideal candidates would have a background in recruiting, business services, business engagement or development, or community outreach experience
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing industry and workforce training or apprenticeship programming a plus but not essential
- Regional management experience or program management experience
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled, with priority given to submissions received by May 14th, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AJAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning employment will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.