Provide Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) subject matter expertise for highly complex special operations aircraft (SOA) peculiar mission equipment being procured/upgraded and fielded by the US Army, as well as US Army common mission equipment provided by the Army. The platforms anticipated for ASE acquisition/systems integration support include the MH-47G, the MH-60M, and the A/MH-6M.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides senior expert level technical, analytical, and program management support for US Army SOA helicopter mission equipment programs.
- Establishes and tracks metrics as they relate to cost, schedule and performance with each mission equipment integration effort.
- Interprets, refines and integrates user requirements as they relate to the development process.
- Assists in all technical reviews associated with mission equipment integration efforts.
- Independently estimates and evaluates cost and schedule and monitors vendor compliance with stated requirements.
- Independently identifies potential risks and suggests appropriate courses of action should technical issues arise or user requirements change.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working in military aviation is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience which involve integration expertise and acquisitions (supporting developing, testing, procuring, fielding and sustaining ASE equipment) on RW platforms is required.
- Experience with and a working knowledge of RF, IR and ballistic aircraft defensive ASE systems is required.
- Ability to create/modify acquisition program documentation for SOF Mission Equipment Systems employed on Rotary Wing platforms is required.
- Ability to provide program documentation support for SOF Mission Equipment systems at all stages of the acquisition lifecycle is required.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Experience with SIRFC, CMWS, and other fielded ASE systems is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Aerospace / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering is highly desired.
- Master’s degree is desired.
Come Join Our Team! Kokua is a Family-Oriented employer offering excellent benefits. Kokua provides a choice of several medical plans, Company paid dental and vision plans, and immediate vesting in our 401K plan with 5% matching. We offer a flexible spending account, Company paid group term life and disability insurance, and generous paid vacation leave, separate sick leave and holiday schedules.
Kokua is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (over 40 years), protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department at (757) 243-8462.
V3 Certified Company