You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Rides Maintenance Technicians are full-time professionals that work primarily in our dry park of Holiday World. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties in the inspection, maintenance and repair of rides and roller coaster trains.
The Essential Functions of the Rides Maintenance Technician are as follows:
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Ensure the safe operation of the Rides for our Team Members and Guests
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair various systems including automation, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on park rides, equipment, vehicles, and other mechanical devices
- Inspect roller coaster trains
- Diagnose problems with PLC/control systems at wooden coasters to prevent/solve downtime
- Provides practical solutions to operations/controls problems
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attend company-sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain park operation
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Document maintenance activities and close out work orders
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance preferred
- Industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Knowledge and ability to inspect, maintain, and repair various rides and equipment throughout the parks
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and instructions
- Ability to operate a skid steer loader, manlift, and forklift, use hand power tools such as electric drills, saws, grinders, hoists, impact wrenches, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.