You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Roller Coaster Maintenance Technicians are full-time professionals that primarily focus on maintaining our legendary and award-winning wooden roller coasters. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties in the inspection, maintenance and repair of wooden roller coaster structures.
The Essential Functions of the Roller Coaster Maintenance Technician are as follows:
- Work safely and comply with all safety regulations
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on wooden roller coaster track, structure, and auxiliary roller coaster equipment
- Climb wooden roller coaster structures daily to inspect, maintain, and repair
- Repair wooden roller coaster track and structure when needed
- Inspect, maintain, and repair auxiliary equipment associated with roller coaster operations
- Become certified as a technician within the amusement park industry
- Perform housekeeping tasks to keep the workplace clean
- Document maintenance activities
- Diagnose problems with control systems at wooden coasters to prevent/resolve downtime
- Troubleshoot roller coaster control systems
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Complete trainings in a timely manner
- High school diploma or GED
- Carpentry skills are strongly preferred
- Ability to operate a skid steer loader, telehandler, manlift, and forklift, use hand power tools such as electric drills, saws, grinders, hoists, impact wrenches, etc.
- Ability to work at heights up to and including 150 feet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to spend multiple days off-site or on-site to attend seminars, meetings, and training events
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.