NCCER has an open position for a hardworking, motivated project manager to join our Product Development team. Project Managers are a critical to our success as they work to scope, design, deliver, and manage hundreds of craft training products focused on building a safe, productive, and sustainable workforce of craft professionals.
As part of our fast-paced team, the Project Manager will create and manage product development schedules, from concept to delivery. The project manager will ensure that all product development initiatives are accurately coordinated with a cross-functional team of technical writers, subject matter experts, editorial, digital learning, testing, and production teams.
The Project Manager also serves as the ringleader of the program for our subject matter expert committees, who work closely with NCCER to identify the appropriate types and levels of training to include in our program.
The Project Manager will monitor customer feedback, analyze data trends, and partner with our sales and workforce development teams to define revision strategies to continuously improve NCCER’s training programs.
A successful Project Manager is a self-starter, has strong initiative, and can effectively prioritize while leading multiple projects across two or more craft training programs, each of which will include a range of print and digital offerings, including video, simulations, and more.
You will need to demonstrate topnotch influence and collaboration skills to gain agreement with industry leaders who serve as subject matter expects and drive complex projects that will result in effective, efficient, and high-quality craft training programs. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition.
- Associate degree or higher or minimum five years’ work experience as project manager
- Proactive, positive team player and leader
- Proven experience in project management on projects of similar scope and scale
- Ability to stay composed while working efficiently under deadline with numerous projects on hand
- Strong productivity software skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, Smartsheet or other project management tools
- Excellent project management software skills, such as Smartsheet or other project management tools
- Experience with desktop publishing software (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud), learning management systems (Moodle, Canvas), content management (XML) and reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau) a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Some travel may be required
- Works in an indoor office environment with moderate noise level
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to grab, pull, grip, lift and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is frequently required to use a computer
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Proficiency in word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite); and miscellaneous Windows-based applications, knowledge of basic database design (i.e. Microsoft Access) and desktop publishing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) a plus