Cardinal Point Captains, Inc. (CPC) is seeking an experienced and qualified Program Manager (PM) to join our team. Reporting to the CEO, provides direct contract and personnel management and oversight of daily operations in support of NOAA contracts. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily execution of NOAA prime contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are achieved
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis
- Assure contract requirements are satisfied in accordance with appropriate Government regulations and Company policies and procedures
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Manage personnel recruiting and retention efforts
- Track prime contract and awarded Task Order financials
- Prepare and submit Monthly Progress Reports
- Assist with bid and proposal activities
- BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten-plus years of experience in maritime operations, program management, and/or scientific operations is desired.
- Experience with Federal Government marine research and scientific agencies, scientific at-sea operations, and technical diving operations.
- Experience with vessel/small craft management, repairs, and modifications is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, maintain schedules to meet deadlines, and work well within a team environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills to effectively function in lead roles, train others on system and/or procedures, and conduct meetings.
CPC is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.