Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, walking, some bending, stooping, stretching, navigating steps/stairways, standing and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
Work Conditions: Includes office and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Regular schedule is Monday through Sunday and can require irregular hours and changes to schedule due to deadlines and frequent interruptions due to project timelines and due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people. (Must be able to work at least 50% of each month’s scheduled events to maintain part-time status and/or work at least 80% of each month’s scheduled events to be considered for regular, supervisor position.)
Staff Liaisons: As directed by Supervisor
The Guest Services Representative helps create a hospitable, positive and secure event experience for all guests by providing superior, individualized services and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
a. Collaboration & Communication
- Enthusiastically and proactively greets and/or responds to staff, guests, and public who have questions, concerns, difficulties, suggestions, etc.
- Provides event and arena information to all requestors.
- Effectively works with Ticket Takers, Bag Checkers/Wander or Section Attendants, or others as assigned.
- Maintains departmental dress code which helps identifies event services staff and includes the use of flashlight, radio, etc.
b. Guest Services
- Assists with screening procedures for those entering the center for multiple events which includes sports events, music/concert events, and theatre events.
- Monitors entry (ingress) and exit (egress) points to assigned events.
- Escorts guests to their section/seat (which is frequently when the arena is dark).
- Enforces center policies which includes no smoking, no re-entry by monitoring stairs and sections.
- Resolves guest issues up to the level where intervention by a Supervisor is required. And, assists with incident response and resolution if requested.
Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
Secures work area before departing each day.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a combination of education and experience in hospitality and/or customer service. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, computer literacy and proficiency a must. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. Familiarity with convention/tradeshow industry is preferred.