The Route Driver position is responsible for delivering products to customer locations and maintaining superior customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Report to work on time.
- Uniform required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Work week is 4-5 days and days are 10-14 hour shifts (shift times can vary daily). Occasional overnight work.
- Must be able to work with indirect supervision.
- Reading, writing and math skills mandatory.
- Account for and efficiently operate handheld scanning equipment.
- Report any/all discrepancies or incidents to Supervisor(s) immediately.
- Driver is responsible for product and load condition throughout the day (i.e. managing the product load by stacking down the product from the pallets throughout the day).
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions (e.g. rain, sleet, snow, extreme temperatures, fog).
- Continual standing/walking/sitting/climbing/balancing/stooping/kneeling.
- Requires routine lifting/moving of up to 100 lbs. per product.
- Regularly wheels hand truck with 300 lbs. of cases down ramp, across pavement to customer establishments/occasional up and down stairs.
- Handle cases in a safe manner.
- Lower trailer jack.
- Moving mechanical parts such as ramps and platforms.
Post Delivery Duties
- Place product in designated location in the warehouse upon return.
- Accountable for invoices and money.
- Accountable for any returned product.
- Keep inside or truck and trailers clean.
- Keep logs updated, input into On Board Computers and turned in daily in accordance with D.O.T. regulations.
- Account for hand truck.
- Park equipment in appropriate place.
- Must follow all D.O.T. regulations in all aspects. D.O.T. inspection of equipment before leaving and when returning.
- Report any/all problems with vehicle to the Wood Fruitticher Shop immediately.
- Class A CDL REQUIRED
- Possess a current Commercial Driver License (doubles preferred but not required).
- Maintain a valid medical card.