The YWCA Northeast Indiana is dedicated to eliminating racism,empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Provide support to the Director of Marketing & Relationships and Development Department; including
organizational support, active involvement in events, donor relations, tracking community events and
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
Salary Range $31,000-$35,000 Annually
- Administrative Duties
- Provide direct administrative support for Director of Marketing & Relationships, including tracking tasks for Director and the department, maintaining records of strategies and projects.
- Provide administrative support for Development Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator as needed, including fundraising events, donor stewardship, coordination of guest participation with our initiatives, and coordination of content development for our blog posts and social media, with special focus on racial justice.
- Schedule and produce minutes for marketing committee and development committee.
- Liaison between Marketing & Development and other departments to provide marketing and development support across the agency, including assisting with Diversity Councils.
- Process mailings such as monthly thank you’s to donors and large solicitations
- Assist with reaching potential funders, donors, and grantors.
- Assist in keeping Donorview database updated.
- Track social and community trends pertaining to our mission to assist in quicker organizational response times
- Volunteer Management (post Capital Campaign)
- Work with programs to identify and coordinate volunteer needs
- Track volunteer hours for use in grant reports
- Process new volunteer applications and screening process. Direct to the appropriate supervisors/departments for placement.
- Maintain and update volunteer files for peer review.
- Record volunteer hours for organization and report out for grant funding purposes.
- Work closely with leadership team for volunteer appreciation and recognition
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Minimum of associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully interact with diverse populations, including clients, co-workers, board members, volunteers and agency.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Financial/Fund development software experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with general office equipment (copiers, printers)
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files
- Must comply with organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.
YWCA Northeast Indiana is committed to the development of a broadly inclusive workplace; candidates from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for positions.