- 3+ year’s prior apartment management or leasing experience
- Previous affordable housing compliance experience that demonstrates knowledge of initial and annual certification process, including reviewing and interpreting background screening reports and calculating household income.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Experience applying fair housing laws and local landlord/tenant laws.
- Superior customer service delivery and de-escalation skills. The ability to provide timely and effective resolution to both internal and external requests. Positive attitude a must.
- Empathic and highly adaptable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form and develop strong working relationships with staff and residents.
- Dependable and punctual, strong organization skills to meet deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Experience handling money or performing rent collection.
- Experience working with Yardi Voyager or equivalent Property Management software.
- Must be able to perform non-repetitive lifting of at least 25 lbs.
Other Position Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
- A valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Comfortable working in the Seattle Downtown core.
- Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and advanced training workshops.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist or Certified Professional of Occupancy designation.
- Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant-Based programs.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager or equivalent property management software.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective partnerships with community constituencies and social service agencies.
- Experience working with social service programs for diverse populations and making referrals as appropriate.
- Prior cleaning and light maintenance experience.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, flexible work schedule
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, long-term disability; employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Please Note: Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.