Reports To: Regional Organizing Director
The DCCC is seeking experienced Constituency Organizing Directors to work on competitive congressional races for the 2022 cycle. Constituency Organizing Directors will work closely with DCCC Organizing Leadership and Engagement Directors to engage, persuade, mobilize, and turnout voters in the AAPI, Black, Latino, and Native American communities. They are responsible for building relationships with community leaders and activist groups, growing grassroots infrastructure, and managing voter registration efforts.
- Relationship Building: Develop cultural ties within the districts, grow existing regional infrastructure, and cultivate diverse political talent through 1:1s with community leaders. This includes attending local meetings with activists and activist groups, to work on coordinated constituency outreach events;
- Building Capacity: Host organizing meetings to recruit and train volunteers and volunteer leaders on traditional voter contact methods. This will include tracking and meeting DVC goals;
- Expanding the Electorate: Train and host voter registration events focused on targeted communities to close the registration gap through various tactics such as hotspot voter registration or door-to-door efforts;
- Press Accountability: Manage a letter to the editor program;
- Protecting the Electorate: Recruit and train voter protection volunteers and help identify where these efforts are most needed;
- Leverage social media and online tools: to supplement volunteer recruitment in the district and hold Republicans accountable as directed by DCCC staff in D.C.
- Constantly evaluate program efficacy
- Foster inclusive team culture
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic understanding of targeting and organizing metrics
- Have at least two cycles of field experience;
- Ability to work within diverse communities and experience organizing AAPI, Black, Latinx, Native American voters
- Proficiency in Spanish, Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese language preferred, but not required.
- Commitment to establishing a culture of respect and community;
- Proficiency in VAN or PDI, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs;
- Experience developing, training and empowering volunteers;
- Current driver’s license
- Extremely strong staff management skills
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
Why You Should Work Here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with a high-quality benefits package that includes:
o More than 25 days of paid time off, including holidays, time off around holidays, vacation, and sick days.
o Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
o Up to 4% retirement employer match contribution
o Monthly mobile phone stipend
o Monthly use-it-or-lose-it transit benefits for employees located in the DC region
- Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America care about most.
- Learn, develop and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns.
- Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation.
- Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues.
- Gain experience in cross-team interaction and exposure to other functions and departments within the DCCC.
- Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels with regard to hiring, contracting, and political strategy
- Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2022 election cycle
About the DCCC:
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U. S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, digital strategy, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio, digital, and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hard-working professionals who are committed to electing Democrats and protecting the House majority.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy:
DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), religion, age, disability, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, weight, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, economic status, genetic information, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for vendors to contract with DCCC.
DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both staff and vendors.
Diversity Mission Statement:
The diversity mission of DCCC is for DCCC to reflect the diversity of the country, which strengthens the core mission of electing House Democrats. To that end, DCCC strives to create an inclusive environment that cultivates and supports diversity at every organizational level, including its staff, candidates, and contractors.