The Hardware Engineer is a multidisciplinary role with mechanical and electrical responsibilities. This role will be responsible for the design, development, testing, certification, and production support of aircraft environmental control systems. Our Engineers must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques, and procedures in the design of Environmental Control Systems in weight and performance-critical environments, and must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documentation, including performance and qualification test plans. We need a creative and aggressive engineer who is not afraid of high profile projects, and is comfortable being held accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Manufacturing with prototyping, production, and integration of system products.
• Develop solutions for customer-driven enhancements/options to current products.
• Specify, evaluate, and test mechanical and electromechanical materials, hardware, and subsystems.
• Candidate will interface with supply chain and manufacturing personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
• Design, prototype, and troubleshoot analog, digital, and power circuits.
• Identify system components and replacement parts.
• Develop test procedures, service bulletins, and customer support documentation.
• Assist in troubleshooting, test plan preparation, and set-up of electromechanical test lab activities.
• Test box design and maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 0 - 3 years of related work experience.
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD required.
• Experience with OrCAD preferred.
• Experience in aviation industry preferred.
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with tolerances and engineering standards to ASME Y14.5-2009.
• Experience in DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 testing preferred.
• Experience with LabVIEW preferred.
• Experience with C/C++ a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple high-priority efforts simultaneously.
• Minimal international and domestic travel may be required (must have current passport).
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
In accordance with U.S. export control laws, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to U.S.- origin controlled technology. To comply with these requirements, Air Comm may require employees to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (“green card holder”), an asylee, refugee or other protected person.