For over 40 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
The Resident Services Coordinator supports Bellwether Housing residents by offering resources and referrals to social service agencies, conducting educational and social building events and collaborating with property management to promote housing stability.
This position will dedicate 20 hours a week to serving residents at the Confluence, a new affordable housing building for families and single adults near the Tukwila light rail station. Apartments at the property will be leased in September 2021 and the RSC for this property will assist area social service providers and the public to complete applications and build an inclusive and supportive community. An additional 20 hours each week will be dedicated to serving Bellwether Housing residents at other locations.
- Liaison between Bellwether residents and external community service agency resources. Maintain and facilitate relationships with service agencies.
- Engage in effective networking and collaboration to utilize available community support and resources, including initiation of new partnerships. Attend staff and community meetings. Update and share new resources with Bellwether staff and residents as needed.
- Educate residents about community resources and services, arranging for monthly presentations and attending meetings as necessary. Provide residents supportive coaching and follow-up.
- Conduct on-going outreach to all residents. Provide resource and referrals to residents as needed.
- Maintain Confidentiality and Privacy of Residents and Compliance with Regulatory Requirements. Archive all required forms and case notes securely.
- Distribute newsletters, brochures, and other relevant materials to residents, ensuring that communication accommodates language differences, cultural differences, visual impairments, and other necessary accommodations as requested by residents.
- Participate in activities related to understanding institutional and structural racism and building cultural competence.
- Follow Bellwether principles, policies, and procedures. Embody Bellwether values in your own work.
- Regularly travel between several locations in order to meet with Bellwether residents and staff Complete all reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete all required training each year.
- Bachelors’ degree in social work, human services, or a related field; four years of equivalent professional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Direct experience providing services to low income households, families, and/or adults with disabilities, preferably in the South King County area in a housing setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Experience navigating public assistance programs such as Medicaid, Medicare or SNAP.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and familiarity with the mental health system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required in MS Office suite.
- Ability to work courteously and effectively with community groups, staff from partnering agencies, and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain a regular, reliable attendance record.
- Travel between buildings may be required.
- Bellwether employees are essential workers and this position will require the incumbent to be on site up to 15 hours per week.
Other Position Requirements
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Compensation: $25.48-28.06 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, long-term disability; employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Please Note: Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.