In this role you are responsible for driving the client’s overall strategic direction as a marketing partner for clients. The Account Director must be an expert in the clients’ businesses and be the clear leader on behalf of all clients and within the agency. This individual is responsible for identifying business opportunities and solutions on a regular basis. The Account Director sets the tone for how the account is managed by assuring focus on key client objectives and delivering appropriate resources while maintaining profitability.
For this position, you are expected to be a skilled master of account management and thought leadership with latitude in making professional and creative decisions to lead advertising campaigns. The Account Director combines exceptional client relationship and project management skills with a proven ability to make strong decisions. As a group head, your function is one of personal leadership in client relations and in internal administration of accounts. The Account Director is the person to whom the account team looks for support, guidance, and counsel, and to whom clients look as the agency’s representative on a policy level.
The Account Director manages a book of business and an agency account team. To be successful, this individual is responsible for being the “ultimate” marketing consultant to the client and is charged with all general management aspects of the team, including team collaboration, team harmony, big-picture strategic thinking, and financial performance.
You should represent agency culture and standards both within the company and to our clients. You should have a client-focused mentality, a strong work ethic, an ability to balance a large number of tasks in a fast paced environment, and tenacious attention to detail. We’re seeking a self-starter who is resourceful and has a high level of personal initiative and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads overarching strategic thinking for account, creative and new technologies.
- Develops specific, measurable client business objectives.
- Develops strategies and tactics by discipline.
- Views strategic goals in a broader business context.
- Establishes priorities for key agency projects.
- Initiates long-term projects for teams that will contribute to greater agency revenue.
- Collaborates with finance and management to draft, negotiate and reconcile client agreements. Ensures proper team resource management and adherence to contract terms.
- Delivers revenue growth goals established in conjunction with executive management.
- Prepares financial P&L reports by job and account on a timely basis.
- Reevaluates progress against revenue/profit goals monthly.
- Develops best/worst case scenarios for input into monthly financial plan.
- Management of account team and agency staff.
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of all levels.
- Successfully represents the client’s point of view when reviewing work and leverages this perspective when providing feedback to all parties. Ultimately focused on doing the best work for the client’s business.
- Stays on top of business and client concerns to head off issues early.
- Looks for opportunities to provide better client support.
- Ensures collaboration among all agency departments; fosters great teamwork.
- Encourages open, ongoing internal communication.
- Provides appropriate management updates and solicit feedback and direction when appropriate.
- Actively participates in management and training of account team personnel.
- Ensures account team members are challenged and developing their skill set.
- Provides strategic support for agency recommendations.
- Articulates effective strategic rationale and logic flow.
- Contributes to new business pitches when necessary.
- Lead the charge for all client deliverables.
- Formulate needs prior to any calls and/or client meetings to maximize client and agency time/resources.
- Understand Client's business and anticipate Client's needs – look for new opportunities to add value to Client's business.
- Develop good working relationships with all clients and maintain clear communication channels.
- Ensure that senior management is kept abreast of all key Client work, relationships and financial issues.
- Earn and keep each clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each clients’ business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends