The Van Delivery Driver must be reliable and courteous with a passion for customer service transporting and delivering home delivery orders complete and in a safe and efficient manner.
The Van Delivery Driver will put safety first and care deeply about customer expectations and satisfaction to ensure business retention and growth.
- Perform pre/post driver inspections to include simple vehicle maintenance and report mechanical problems immediately;
- Observe speed limits and obey all road signs;
- Use truck tracking device/phones daily to determine route destination and delivery instructions;
- Drive to and from delivery route stops in (sprinter van) safely maintaining a timely schedule and completion of deliveries as planned;
- Contact the customer as necessary to ensure prepaid products meet accurate delivery destination;
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against product to be delivered;
- Lift and off load products to customer site with dolly;
- Report delays, transportation situations, customer feedback/concerns;
- Immediately report all vehicle accident/injuries completing documentation and protocols as required;
- Responsible adhering to food security, food safety regulations and policies (food safety and security, HACCP, CGMPs);
- At the end of shift, clean van, return any undelivered product etc.
- Any other work as assigned:
On a regular and continuous basis exercises sound administrative judgment and assume responsibility and accountability for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service.