Operations Crew (Convention Center) - Part Time
Duluth, GA • Operations
Under general supervision of the Operations Manager, perform work as needed to ensure events are provided with requested facility setup prior to scheduled start time. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of the room changeover process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down stages, risers, tables, and portable chairs, as well as other furnishings and equipment related to event requirements.
- Assist building engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair, and maintenance of the building and related operational equipment.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work independently and perform job duties with minimal supervision, while being able to communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Operate portable radio.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one to three months related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.