The Home Lending Program Manager is responsible for managing the NeighborWorks® Toledo Region (NTR) Home Ownership Center and consumer lending program, along with management of the client data collection and reporting system(s) from loan origination, loan review and preparing for underwriting to loan document preparation, loan closing and working with local title and closing agents.
Responsibilities also include acting as loan officer for loan products offered through NTR by reviewing client applications and supporting documentation, estimating credit-worthiness and repayment risk, preparing and presenting mortgage application files to Loan Committee, monitoring collection and preparation of loan documentation and scheduling and completing mortgage loan closing.
The Home Lending Program Manager is also responsible for marketing the NTR Home Ownership Center program to local lenders and prospective clients, functions as a independent project lead, and implements work group strategies as directed. Minimal level of supervision is provided, generally for problem resolution. Employee knows and understands work requirements, completes tasks without direction. Employee has independent decision-making opportunities, in more diverse and complex situations.
1. Implement an outreach and marketing strategy that attracts prospective homebuyers and people needing related counseling services. Implement and manage a service delivery process that produces a pipeline of prospective homebuyers and flow of mortgage ready homebuyers.
2. Oversee Homeownership Center staff and training curriculum. Monitor independent survey evaluation of homeownership center training scores.
3. Manage the residential loan application process to assist homeowners and homebuyers in securing financing to purchase or improve their homes from application to loan closing according to NHS loan policies. Prepare loan submissions for loan committee review and/or approval. Review Loan Policies for timeliness and appropriateness, make recommendations for updating, as necessary.
4. Provide homeownership and foreclosure prevention counseling to NTR clients and loss mitigation strategies to foreclosure intervention clients.
5. Work with accounting department staff to ensure that new loan clients are incorporated into the system.
6. Oversight of loan portfolio, receivables, and relative reporting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field preferred or
2. Minimum five years’ experience working with a lending institution in home purchase or mortgage or consumer lending process
3. Active Mortgage License (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
4. Demonstrated knowledge of mortgage products and loan process including originating, processing, and servicing, and working knowledge of Federal Consumer Lending Practices
5. Excellent interpersonal written and verbal skills
6. Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office
7. Must be bondable, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a driving record compatible with NTR insurance company standards.
1. Ability to organize work and to schedule and manage priorities and deadlines.
2. Ability to organize and facilitate meetings involving multiple persons.
3. Self-motivated and able to delegate tasks and work well as part of a team
4. Attentive to detail.
5. Ability to interact and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
6. Sensitivity to different cultures and ability to relate well and effectively in diverse workplace and with a diverse client population.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality in conformance with agency policy and applicable laws
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This section includes physical demands and working conditions that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile, and prepare work documents, set up and maintain work files. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. independently. Travel by automobile with overnight stays may be occasionally required. May require evening and weekend hours as business needs demand.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of NTR. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.