Tides Family Services is a nonprofit organization that is committed to providing comprehensive support and resources to children, adolescents, and families facing various challenges. The overall mission of Tides is to provide services and supports that allow youth to live in a community-based setting. An "Agency Without Walls" our services are delivered in homes, communities, schools...wherever our youth are.
The Seven Challenges is a comprehensive counseling program for young people, to incorporate work on alcohol and other drug problems. The Seven Challenges is delivered through a combination of groups, individual and family sessions. Individual and family sessions are offered in the community.
Performance Expectations/Key Challenges
- Assess for and evaluate Seven Challenges case management needs of clients and family services aligned to the Seven Challenges model.
- Performs a bio-psychosocial assessment interview with client, family, and/or significant other according to agency policy and standards.
- Work collaboratively with integrated team of caseworkers, behavioral assistants and other clinicians to develop, review and evaluate treatment goals, provide resources, advocacy, perform routine assessments and build relationships with clients and families.
- Provide in-home and community-based counseling to clients and families by addressing referral behaviors and measuring progress over specified timeframes aligned to the Seven Challenges model.
- Maintain crisis and trauma counseling and other services to help ensure client and family safety.
- Monitor and track client drug screenings.
- Ensure quality service case metrics are met through ongoing analysis, case review, daily ETO reporting, and accuracy of data entry into TFS ETO platform or other reporting measures.
- Support activities, services and programs that uphold NASW professional boundaries and are culturally sensitive to clients and families.
- Empower families to make stable commitments to children by providing counseling and coordinating reunification efforts led by Seven Challenges National model.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the community, with clients, schools, courts and with referring agencies seeking to build and sustain positive relationships.
- Attend all required program meetings including; weekly supervision, monthly clinical group supervision, tracking rundown, staff meetings, and other meetings scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain weekly service delivery requirements with clients and families to the Seven Challenges model.
- 2-4 years experience in human services, healthcare, and other non-profit agencies.
- Demonstrates a safe, strengths-based approach while continuously using everyday behavior opportunities to teach, guide, and support youth and families with their goals and challenges to remain in the home and in their communities.
- Capacity for providing a variety of direct service, case coordination, intensive case management, crisis intervention, and managerial tasks. This position includes a flexible work schedule that may require evening and weekend coverage and an ability to work collaboratively with a supervisor and collaborative partners within and outside the agency.
- Strong crisis management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, particularly when working with youth of all ages.
- Managed in-home and community strengths-based services to clients and families .
- Skilled in building relationships with internal team, stakeholders, clients and families, schools, law enforcement and other community resources.
- LCDP, LCSW; LICSW; LMHC; LMFT – Required (just one)
- Valid driver’s license and registered/inspected vehicle – Required
- Bilingual; English, Spanish, Portuguese, Creole – Preferred
*Each full-time position includes at least 33 days of vacation, holiday, sick and personal days, full medical, dental and vision or cash incentive, mileage reimbursement, life insurance, career development and growth, discounted tickets and so much more. Apply now and be part of a culture that instills hope and anchors families throughout Rhode Island, Tides Family Services!