The Institute for Sustainable Communities is seeking to fill a roster of short to mid-term grant writing consultants to draw upon for specific opportunities, with experience in climate equity; social justice; and community-based approaches, networks and partnerships to support our team’s efforts to write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, funding reports, and other donor-focused written products.
The consultant will:
- Review internal and external publications, reports, and written materials to distill information that makes compelling arguments to share and promote the successes of ISC’s work.
- Write sections on organizational themes and background, such as mission and history, qualifications and achievements, strategic planning goals, project goals, etc.
- Create documents with personnel bios and CV’s, financial information; develop citations.
- Drawing from already written technical content, adapt writing for new proposal formats and pitches.
- When needed, interview programmatic, fundraising and operations staff, as well as ISC partners, to convey organizational impact and share stories of ISC’s work.
- Support the development of project plans and work plans (in conjunction with programmatic and fundraising staff).
- Convey through written products an ability to showcase best practices in fundraising from institutional donors.
- Compile and edit written products and attachments.
Work orders would be issued on an as-needed basis, with project timelines agreed to in advance.
The Consultant must have:
- Applicable experience writing grant proposals and reports.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Equity acumen and connection to ISC’s mission.
- Critical thinker with ability to synthesize and distill large volumes of information to write compelling products.
- Familiarity with social justice work in the United States and/or Asia is preferred.
- Familiarity with the environmental and climate fields will be prioritized, but is not required.
- Past experience with producing grant proposals and reports.
Proposals can be submitted on a rolling basis. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information by submitting the following documents via the "Apply" link below:
- An expression of interest letter, with:
- Name and contact details
- Three references who can speak to consultant’s successful completion of similar work, with contact details (email and telephone)
- Consulting rate in USD
- Description of qualifications in a CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Three examples of written products that showcase the consultant’s ability to develop donor communications, such as letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, etc.
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.