Nuvve Holding is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV) ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our Grid Integrated Vehicle platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe platform, allows Nuvve to participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on “Vehicle To Grid” technology or “v2g” the GIVe platform gives benefits to public organizations, businesses and homes by reducing the cost of electric infrastructure and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for a Human Resources Manager who helps create and facilitate the culture and environment that is highly productive, meaningful, inclusive, and enjoyable for all personnel. The role oversees the development and implementation of human resources strategies, systems and policies, plans and services, including recruitment, selection, legal compliance, employee benefits, compensation, employee relations, diversity equity and inclusion, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and events. This is a full-time position with 100% company paid benefits. This role will be based in our Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, California.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed to the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we are taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we have made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Manage Human Resources for the Company.
· Ensures that the organizations develop high-performing, mission-driven culture by strategically gauging staff morale, addressing organizational issues while providing HR solutions and increasing organizational effectiveness and health, through planned interventions in the organization's processes.
· Participates in strategic planning for the organization. Provides leadership and consulting support to executives and management on matters of reinforcing culture, setting goals, developing policy, and implementing strategic objectives. Aligns organizational structure, roles and responsibilities to achieve goals.
· Oversees talent management, including staff training and leadership development, retention, recognition, employee communication and career development. Assesses and evaluates training and staff development needs and develops programs to meet needs.
· Develops and maintains performance management and appraisal programs. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors with questions and workplace problems.
· Oversees compensation and benefit programs, including job description and classification, salary structure and salary adjustments. Oversees benefit plan communication, enrollment, and administration. Assesses the competitiveness of human resources programs and practices against the relevant markets and makes recommendations for improvements and changes.
· Remains current with employment laws and regulations. Maintains an effective program of compliance with laws and regulations related to human resources and manages relationships with compliance agencies and Nuvve legal counsel.
· Oversees HR systems and employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
· Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs. Identifies and cultivates appropriate and effective sources for candidates for all levels of jobs.
· All other duties as assigned by Executive team.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Positive attitude.
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
· Preferred but not required: Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or equivalent
· 7 - 10 years of professional experience in all aspects of human resources management and staff development
· Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
· Demonstrated expertise in strategic HR management i.e. planning and policy, talent management, selection, compensation, benefits, training and staff development, employee relations, and performance management
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic groups
· Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources
· Proficiency in business and human resources related computer applications, which may include talent management systems, time, and attendance systems, etc.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe.
· Senior Human Resources certification (SPHR or equivalent) preferred
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.