GDS Global Services Philippines Inc. is looking for a QA Lead who will be working in our Delivery Team.
The role will require you to learn our company’s propriety tools which are used for building risk management software solutions for financial institutions in North America (States and Canada), South America (Argentina), and Europe (United Kingdom, Turkey, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania)
- The main task of this role is to ensure the systems delivered meets the established standards of quality.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the quality of system deliverables and ensuring effective feedback reaches the QA team and identify areas of continuous improvement.
- You will also be responsible for the overall test reporting in client releases.
- You will be responsible for guiding the team in evaluating risks and issues, selecting the appropriate test scope and balancing sometimes shifting priorities within an Agile / SDLC process.
- As an individual contributor you would be responsible for analyzing requirements, drawing up test cases, creating automated and manual tests and executing both.
- You will also be responsible for managing test defects.
- You will also be leading building of regression test suites for different clients. You will be leading the QA team as well as contributing directly.
- As a team lead, you will be part of the wider Manila leadership group, monitor the day-to-day performance of the QA team, as well as the longer-term career development and strategic alignment.
- Develop and manage the aspects of testing effort, including plans, interdependencies, schedule, tools and required personnel·
- Document and communicate the status of testing progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary· ·
- Define, implement and maintain project process guidance related to testing· ·
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with establish project standards· ·
- Expected to be well versed with testing methodology, practices, tools and reporting· ·
- Responsible for managing the team of testers and drive delivery of the project· ·
- Frequently demonstrate collaborations and leadership to Junior team members in all aspects of the Delivery Process. ·
- Takes leadership role in process improvements initiatives and implementation. Full understanding and demonstration of knowledge of the GDS tools, testing methodologies and processes.·
- Monitor team performance.·
- Conduct evaluations and peer reviews.·
- Determine training needs of the team. ·
- Work with cross-functional development teams/project to do proactive identifications of errors / bugs / issues.·
- Focused mainly on ensuring that the project meets the client requirements and quality goal.·
- Reproduction and validation of issues reported by the clients.·
- Search of errors in existing and new functionalities.·
- Development, Documentation, Creation and Execution of test cases before it is released into UAT and production servers.·
- Effectively write and execute test plans, test scripts, defects, and test reports on assigned projects and tasks.·
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and methodologies for product quality and solution validation.·
- Perform manual testing and solution validation as required by the assigned project or task.·
- Effectively apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify the cause and effect of software and/or hardware related issues.·
- Perform functional, regression, integration, acceptance, smoke and stress testing.·
- Ensure that the acceptance criteria for user stories are testable and developing test cases based on those criteria.·
- Perform testing/validation of newly/previously released systems.·
- Perform development, integration, test, and documentation of test framework.·
- Investigate and analyze unique or customer-related issues relating to test failures.·
- Participate and support development pilots during the initial phases of all projects as required.·
- Recommend improvement and assist in changes to best practices for software testing.·
- Guide team to adhere to best test standards, tools and best practices and maintain test process documentation.·
- Interface with customers, vendors, and all company departments to resolve technical and quality problems.
Graduate of Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or any other computer-related course
2 years of Project Management or Supervisory experience ·
4 years of Testing (tester) experience, including Test Automation· ·
Minimum of 5 of experience in IS related role· ·
Business / Systems Requirement Analysis· ·
Technical Design Development· ·
Process Development· ·
Software development is a plus
Technical Skills ·
Experience in using any of the following test automation tools is an advantage: Selenium, RSpec, SoapUI, JMeter, TestComplete, Eclipse, TestNG, Rubymine· ·
Technically proficient in any of the following programming language is an advantage: Java, Ruby on rails, C#, PHP or .NET· ·
Experience in Pentaho and TestLink is an advantage. ·
Experience with using Windows OS and Unix
Essential Characteristics· ·
With initiative, teamwork and a great attitude and a fast learner· ·
Capability of working under time pressure· ·
Capability of working through vague specifications and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to obtain clarify on expectations· ·
Demonstrate track record of ownership and accountability.·
Good interpersonal skills·
Strong verbal, written and communication skills